Sunday Night Crawlers (Director Itamura and KOTOYAMA's comments for Call of the Night s2)

Hey all! Sakaki here with a short one this time around. It's a weird place I find myself in as when I wrote the retrospective I had thought at the time that since Call of the Night s2 hadn't been announced when the manga ended that there wouldn't be one, and yet here we are. 

We know very little about it at the moment, aside that it'll air in the Fuji TV Noitamina block (like the first one) and Tomoyuki Itamura will direct again. As such I thought at least this time around I'd throw up their comments to tide us over until more information comes. Enjoy~

Comments from here


Kotoyama-sensei and director Tomoyuki Itamura's comments have arrived!!

With the announcement of Season two's confirmation, we've got commentary from KOTOYAMA-sensei and Tomoyuki Itamura who will once again take the director's chair!

KOTOYAMA

I feel like I'm the happiest person of all that season two has been announced. I spent so much time while drawing thinking to myself "It'd be so cool to see this part animated", it was so much fun, and I look forward to telling those stories of my thoughts.

My (KOTOYAMA)'s manga have a certain beat and timing to them, and in addition it's a reflection of what I wanted to draw at the time. So seeing how the anime beautifully captures that composition is a learning experience for me. 

Thank you for always being a great help 

KOTOYAMA. 

Director Tomoyuki Itamura

I've returned to the bewitching hour of the night. Where do Ko and Nazuna go from here? Will they once again face off against the detective? The manga has ended, but the anime starts from here. When I think back to Ko-kun who's excitedly probing his way through the night-life I want to put my full effort into ensuring the anime too has the same vivid experience.

I'll do my best into making an anime that both fans of the manga, and fans of season one can enjoy. 

Be sure to check out season one of the anime on HiDive here Watch on prime here Read the manga in the viz vault here

The anime is also available for purchase on home video! Pick it up from Sentai's store here, or Crunchyroll's store here

Comments